Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Billy Wallace- Jazz Pianist

So I was playing at a Jam Session at Dazzle with my amazing musician friends last night and in the audience was the the great jazz pianist, Billy Wallace. After the set was over, he came up to me and said, "Where do you go to school?" and I said, " CU Boulder" and he said, "Keep on doin' your thing!" So I still didn't know who he was until his date mentioned that he was Billy Wallace. After that....I was...in total shock and I was very excited!! He came up to the piano and showed me a few things on the piano...man, he is so amazing!!! I ask about getting a lesson from him and he did not hesitate to give me his card!! How cool is that!!! So hopefully I will get in a lesson with the great Billy Wallace next week...more to come people...more to come!!!

-t